Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Should I tell my co-worker to brush his teeth?

Ever so often I have to work with a co-worker who's breath smells really bad because he smokes then drinks coffee after and the two do not blend well together.





I'm 34 weeks pregnant so my sense of smell is hightened. Even before he opens his mouth i can smell the cigarette and the coffee. The scent is really disgusting and annoying.





How do i tell him to freshen up a bit before he comes to my desk in a nice way of ocourse.





Thanks in advanceShould I tell my co-worker to brush his teeth?
Lisa: As a smoker, I would appreciate someone telling me my breath stinks. The fact that you have a heightened sense of smell would be good to know so you don't hurt my feelings.





Us smokers get picked on enough, and I for one would love to quit...but like crack heads...I'm addicted. But I would feel bad if you were offended. I would ask nicely and preface by saying ';gently';:





';Bob, since I'm pregnant, I have noticed I have a heightened sense of smell. Can I offer you a breath mint to mask your smokers breath. It is really bothering me, and I don't want to make you feel bad, but believe this would help.';Should I tell my co-worker to brush his teeth?
Everytime he comes near you I would offer him one of your breath mints or gum- When he finally asks you why you keep offering it to him, say, ';Well, I'm pregnant and cigarette/coffee smeel sometimes makes me nauseated!';
Send a polite anonymous envelope with a letter inside...telling him he has bad breath %26amp; could he please brush his teeth...gum is sugary and in the long run won't solve the problem...it will only mask the smell. Or ask the boss to talk to him about it.
If you can joke with him, give him a wrapped box of breath mints. If not, politely let him know the situation and ask for his cooperation for a few months (or he may be smelling vomit in the carpet).
buy him some starbucks after cofffee mints and tell him they are a gift, also you may just be honest. God only knows!
.....If you're using the pregnancy to try to control your co-workers' habits, it's time you took maternity leave.
Offer him some gum and let him no smoking is bad for him ne ways. or give a dental advice... drinking coffee stains your teeth so offer him a piece of norbit gum it should work
'; Co-worker , brush your teeth '; .
offer gum
Can you offer him a mint or some gum? Like ';I'm having a Polo, do you want one?';
You shouldn't say anything. You should talk to a supervisor, and have them talk to the guy about his hygiene.
offer him some gum or a mint. or if you have to just come out and tell him.. explain to him that your pregnant and the cigarettes and coffee smell is driving you crazy. just do it in a lighthearted way. Ive had an emplyee before whose breath was so nasty from cigarettes and i just said to him.. do you smoke? and he says yes, why? and i said because your breath smells like it and i cant stand the smell of ciggarettes. and he kinda laughted it off but now always has gum or mints. i dont think it really hurt his feelings too much but sometimes you just have to come out and say it when they dont get the clues. haha.
I have a bowl with mints and gum on my desk, that way you can offer them to your co-workers when they stop by your desk and it just seems like you are being polite.
ask him to stop smoking around you as you are pregnant...say it is making you light headed.telll him it is a crucital stage of pregnancy, your baby is phisicly geting sick...





best of luck with the baby hope all goes well: )
Your lucky you have the pregnancy as an excuse. Next time, say ';This kid's really making my nose fussy, can you make sure you visit before your cigarette break?';
you have to give him singles without being rude Like offer gum ,breathment etc...It worked for me





if you decide to confront him atleast make sure its you and him cause if it gets leaked out he will feel completely Embarassed
ask him what tooth paste he uses and then tell him that -a tooth paste that you like- is better
Have some mints handy and offer him one when he approaches. Maybe you could just secretly put a package of breath mints on his desk.
Why not have a pack of mints at your desk and offer him them one every time they come near. If you have one yourself it may mask the smell of his breath. Or you could try the the smell of cigarette smell on your breath is a bit gross can we communicate by email!
just be nice about it be like hey u mite wanna pop like 30 mints!!lol but really
Better yet when your co-worker is not at their desk or cubicle go put a pack of gum on his desk with a note thats reads: ';PLEASE USE';.. hopefully they will get the point! lol
hold your breath..





or get used to it! Thats life.. it's not perfect unooooooo
tell hi that he should brush his teeth or not good for you or your baby, because it's affecting your health.
Let him know just like you explained it here and have some listerine strips handy.





I know what it is like. I couldn't face my husband in the morning because his breath made me nauseated during my pregnancy! So did other aromas from his body!
gift-wrap a toothbrush and toothpaste. put it on top of his desk with a card saying from anonymous =)
lol that sucks. just tell him
Tell the importance of teeth care. Keeping your teeth, gums and mouth clean and healthy can prevent disease and infection, and can help to avoid pain and sickness. Also a clean healthy mouth feels nice, looks good and keeps your breath fresh.Log on to http://tipsfromruby-teethcare.blogspot.c鈥?/a> tips to have sparkle on your teeth and keep them in good.
when he's not at his desk, drops some pamphlets or info about oral hygene on his desk and maybe some strong mints! he'll get the point.
Honestly speaking, you don't have a right to tell him that. You may however, let your manager become aware of the situation, and let your manager decide what to do about it. Personally speaking though, that's really nasty, someone who smokes and drinks coffee. Some people just dont care.
Tomorrow go into work early and put a bottle of Listerine on his desk with a bow on it. That'll get the job done for you, unless he's really stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment