Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is it best to floss then brush, or brush then floss?

I would say floss first to get down deep under the gums, then brush real good. Since flossing has already started the stimulation of the gums, I find that now brushing is more effective since the bristles can get slightly more of the teeth that had not been exposed prior to flossing. I'm not sure there is a right or wrong way just as long as you do both regularly and use mouthwash too.Is it best to floss then brush, or brush then floss?
I agree totally with LOTH, RDA. It doesn't matter. I would suggest that you pick a time of the day to floss and try to stick to it, though. Flossing is more effective if you can space it out at 24 hour intervals, so flossing in the morning one day and at bedtime the next leaves too long an interval between flossing, if you want to ';do it right.'; It is easier to remember to floss if it becomes part of a routine, such your every-night-before-I-go-to-bed routine. You'll start to feel guilty if you skip it. (haha!!!)Is it best to floss then brush, or brush then floss?
My dentist says, floss, brush and floss again.
I like to floss first..brush after..It does'nt make sense to me to do it the other way..
um floss to brush i guess..it makes sense..you dont want all that nasty flossed out crap floating around your mouth after you've already brushed..
I usually floss then brush, but I think you are suppose to brush then floss.
Floss first, and then brush.





Brushing cleans off a lot of the junk flossing leaves behind, so brush last.
Turn the computer off and stop waisting your dads electricity!
floss, then brush
actually, i brush, floss , then brush again to be sure.
it doesn't matter if you do it together , separatedly just do the flossing once a day at some point and brush after meals
I would floss then brush so that all the little particles in your teeth get lose and then you could brush them out with your tooth brush. :)
I don't know if this is correct or not but I usually brush, floss, then rinse my mouth with water to get all the junk I flossed out off my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment