Friday, January 8, 2010

Do I have to brush my teeth after eating raisins?

What do u thinkDo I have to brush my teeth after eating raisins?
Most definitely.


And for sultanas, currents, dates and all those sugary foods.





Saliva can only do so much to protect you. And there is no guarantee that your saliva is potent enoughDo I have to brush my teeth after eating raisins?
sugary gooey foods are the worst.





but overbrushing your teeth isnt good either, so dont eat raisins 6 times a day and brush every time afterwards. or try some sugar free gum afterwards to neutralize the acid.
Yes. Definitely. It is also important to floss because raisins are very sticky and high in sugar. The sugar provides food for the bacteria in your mouth and the byproduct of that is acid... which causes decay. Weird how something good for your body can be so bad for your teeth. It is one of the worst.
Raisins are as bad as candy. Take that information and follow your usual standards.
Good rule of thumb:


If at all possible, brush after every meal.
Yes.
YES, RAISINS ARE PRONE TO CAUSE DECAY (CAVITIES).


WHY?


THEY ARE HIGH IN SUGAR AND THEY ARE STICKY TO EAT.


SO, BRUSHING..... YES!
I don't think so. Eventually of course, but generally NO. That's what saliva is for. Sorry to gross you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment